Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What happened to Summer?


Every year it's the same.  



After Xmas, I have such high expectations of the coming  Summer and what I'm going to achieve. 

Long rides with eldest son, some bike camping trips, a good selection of sportives.  And what happens?  One day I wake up and it's already Autumn.  Like today.  And what have I done? Nothing.

Already time to be thinking about arm-warmers and winter rebuilds. Damn.  Next year, it'll be different.

Incidentally, in response to persistent speculation and rumour, I can confirm that I am planning to come out of retirement.  Obviously, I could happily rest on a palmares that includes a couple of second places in Tuesday night crits at Crystal Palace and a 26-minute ten.  But I believe the cause of slightly overweight fifty-year old cyclists needs global promotion.

Seriously. I'm OK about having the Texan back.  But not, please God, ugly cheating git Floyd Landis.  We've suffered enough.

No comments: