Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanks for the new gloves, Darling


A combination of family, work and lousy weather conspired to keep me off the bike across the weekend but, no matter -- this morning dawned bright blue and freezing cold in London, perfect for an early skive round the park.

Half a mile in, and I was already regretting selling my Rapha Softshell.  My long-sleeve jersey from the Prendas bargain bin is nice and visible (plastered with adverts for Belgian cat suppositories or similar), but not the warmest thing on the planet.  

And complete hand paralysis forced me to dive into Evans and buy an over-the-top pair of Goretex gloves, my Campag winter ones having gone missing somewhere during the house-move this summer.

Mildly pleasant surprise?  The price of bike gear has gone down, thanks to the Chancellor's desperation VAT cut.  Not by much, but every pound helps at this time of year.






No comments: