Sunday, March 22, 2009

Twitter ye not...


Twitter's a great resource.  Not only does it allow you to disseminate your half-formed thoughts to the entire world at the press of a button, it gives you previously unimagined insight into the lives of the famous.

A little too much insight in some cases.  Like today:

"lancearmstrong: Good morning. A little stiff getting out of bed today..."

Whoa, steady Tex -- more detail than absolutely necessary, thanks.  Anyway -- despite all those jokes from the rest of the peloton about bus passes and Trek making carbon Zimmers -- you're still a young man.  Wait a few years, then you'll be glad of a little stiffness, any time of day.

Speaking of which, my wife made me go running this morning.  Something to do with Mother's Day, apparently, meant that instead of enjoying myself on my bike, I was required to put my trainers on and join her jogging around the Common.

I hate running.  With a vengeance.  Even when I ran the London Marathon a few years ago, I made it very clear to anyone who would listen that I wasn't a runner.  I was a cyclist who happened to have entered the London Marathon.  Runners are skinny, competitive and obsessed with times. Cyclists are....well, you get my point.

And now I hurt.  Muscles that haven't been used for ages are complaining and, like Lance, I think I'm going to be stiff in the morning.  And not in a good way.




 

No comments: