Thursday, July 17, 2008

Sick Note







The Fierce Physio was furious.

My shoulder, which had been on the mend, had now relapsed to a point where I couldn't bring my right hand across my chest and touch my left shoulder.  

(I know Cadel Evans is currently doing a fairly convincing job of holding on to the maillot jaune with a much worse shoulder injury than mine, but I'm a wimp.)

What - she demanded -- had caused this relapse?

Well, I explained, Mrs Flandrian had me digging holes in the garden at the weekend; and painting the walls in the cellar and, well, there was the small matter of a several 50k bike rides.

The Fierce Physio was shocked.  

"Gardening is very bad for it, you'll have to stay away from that. And painting? All that stretching out and applying pressure -- worse thing possible, don't do any more.  The cycling's not really a problem".

Heh, heh.




No comments: