Sunday, January 6, 2008

Half Way Home



In the words of the great Ice Cube, today was a good day.  You'll remember that in Ice's case, his life quality was largely dependent on whether he needed to use his AK or not.  My requirements are simpler, although equally subjective. 

I was out early, rolling into Richmond Park just as it was getting light.  And what light.  Pure blue sky, bright sunshine and thick white hoar-frost across the grass.  Some of the roads had a fine white coating, but not enough to cause any slipping or sliding.  Cold but not miserably so.

And for once my legs seemed to be working;  letting me spin 25 miles in a low gear and a low heart rate.  I think that book may have something going for it after all.

Quick coffee and back home, through largely empty streets and much of the city still asleep.

My cyber-training partner Brian was complaining earlier in the week about Force Nine gales keeping him off the roads of Islay.  Which is one of the advantages of living at the warm and crowded end of the country.

Back to work this week though, and the daily London commute.  I'll be needing that AK after all.
   

No comments: